THE VISIONARIES ROUNDTABLE IS COMING APRIL 21ST! One of the signature events of our 50th anniversary year invites a panel of thought leaders to discuss Chestnut Hill at its intersection of preservation and new development. Philadelphia Museum of Art President and COO Gail Harrity will moderate the conversation featuring architect and professor David DeLong, Inquirer columnist Inga Saffron, landscape architect Bryan Hanes, and developer Richard Snowden. Preceding the roundtable will be opening remarks by Nathaniel Kahn and a keynote address from architect, author and critic Witold Rybczynski. Register here!
Tell us: What’s your vision for the future of Chestnut Hill? Take our survey here.
- CHEROKEE VILLAGE TOUR: Our next Discovering Chestnut Hill walking tour is Saturday, April 8, highlighting the 1950s apartment complex that merges man and nature harmoniously, with a healthy side of public sculpture
- 50th ANNIVERSARY SPONSORSHIP: Discounted package opportunities are available for firms that wish to sponsor this special year as a whole, including all major programs and galas—More information
- TAKE OUR SURVEY: In advance of the Visionaries Roundtable, help us guide the discussion about Chestnut Hill’s future and submit questions for the panel—Survey
- VISIONARIES ROUNDTABLE: Join us Friday, April 21 for an evening of enlightened discussion about how to balance preservation and development in Chestnut Hill—Register
- RESIDENTIAL STUDY UNDERWAY: With generous support from the William Penn Foundation, our collaborative Chestnut Hill Residential Conservation and Development Study is on its way to delivery this summer
- The Vanna Venturi House, a masterpiece of 20th century architecture, has received preservation protection
- RENT: Office space above the Chestnut Hill Conservancy is available now