Chestnut Hill Conservancy is extremely grateful to our sponsors, participants, and over 350 community members for making the Visionaries Roundtable a great success. Read PlanPhilly’s account of the event HERE, and the Local’s review HERE.
As we work toward the completion of the Residential Conservation, Preservation, and Development Study, done in collaboration with the Chestnut Hill Community Association, we continue to welcome your input. The future of Chestnut Hill is at stake; have your say now.
- PERENNIAL FETE: COCKTAILS IN THE GARDEN: Get your tickets for the June 4th benefit! The very special venue for the Fete during our 50th Anniversary is the iconic “Homewood,” affectionately known as the Dixon House
- CONSERVANCY TO RECEIVE MAJOR AWARD: We are deeply honored to be the recipient of the 2017 Board of Directors Award for exceptional stewardship of historic properties from the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia. Click here if you’re interested in attending their big event in early June
- NATIVE PLANTS DISCUSSION: At our next Ask the Experts on Saturday, May 6, PA Master Naturalist and FOW Trail Ambassador Kris Soffa will teach you how to create an easy-care sustainable wildlife habitat in your own backyard
- CHESTNUT HILL HOME & GARDEN FESTIVAL: Come by our tent at this annual tradition on Sunday, May 7, and look up historical images on our laptops and iPads. Find one you love? Place an order to buy it or have us frame it! (Our tent will be between E. Highland and E. Gravers)
- DISCOVERING CHESTNUT HILL: Since 1910, the Woodmere Art Museum has showcased Philadelphia art and artists. Tour the grounds with Woodmere director Bill Valerio and learn about the sculptures on Saturday, May 13
- EXPLORERS CLUB FOR KIDS: We all scream for this one. Bring the kids out for an ice cream celebration on Saturday, May 13
- THE GREAT HOUSES TOUR: Register for this limited-space annual event showcasing the best of Chestnut Hill traditional and contemporary design on the afternoon of Sunday, May 21
- RESIDENTIAL STUDY UNDERWAY: With generous support from the William Penn Foundation, our collaborative Chestnut Hill Residential Conservation and Development Study is on its way to delivery this summer
- PERMANENTLY PROTECTED! The Vanna Venturi House, a masterpiece of 20th century architecture, has received preservation protection
- RENT: Office space above the Chestnut Hill Conservancy is available now. Click to email or call 215-247-9329 x 202 if interested.
With one of America’s largest urban historic districts and ample green space, Chestnut Hill is defined by – and loved for – architecture, history, and nature